10 Tips for making the most of Online Video
1. Make sure your video is professionally done
Well, we would say that, we’re a video production company after all. However, there are many reasons for this.
– You want your marketing outputs to reflect your brand. You wouldn’t send out a poor brochure, with terrible photos and text that didn’t read well. So why would you commission videos with shaky picture, poor audio or terrible editing. It doesn’t make sense.
– By professionally producing content, you will attract more interest, engagement and ultimately win more sales. And you want more sales, don’t you?
– Videos can be tracked. This allows you to measure your return on investment. You can’t do that with brochures or offline content, so how do you know if your customers are reading your brochures?
Producing professional content doesn’t need to cost the earth, but its an absolute must. The whole point here is to establish credibility and trust, but you’ll do the opposite with a poorly executed and produced video.
Yes, many of the Video Productions you find on sharing sites are mediocre at best, but that is changing rapidly as companies begin to see the value of promoting themselves in this manner. In fact, a recent survey found that over 70% of marketing personnel intended to focus their online marketing budgets on video for 2013.
Don’t get left behind. The world is watching. Make sure they watch your content.
Here’s a few tips to get your videos noticed and to get people talking about your company:
2. Submit your video to as many outlets as possible
While YouTube is the clear leader here (in fact its the second largest search engine in the world behind its owner, Google), there are many other video sharing sites worthy of consideration. Here are some others you might want to check out:
• Vimeo, http://vimeo.com/
• Yahoo! Video, http://video.yahoo.com
• Daily Motion, http://www.dailymotion.com
• MetaCafe, http://www.metacafe.com
3. Embed your video on the front page of your site
Don’t hide what’s going to become one of your most effective selling tools on a dusty inside page. Get it out front. Customers and search engines will love you for it.
4. Find out what search terms your potential clients are using and put them in your video’s title
If you don’t know what words clients in need of your services are typing into Google and other search engines, get professional help or use some of the resources featured on this page. Once you’ve identified these terms, use the most popular in your video’s title.
5. Make your tags and descriptions SEO-friendly, too
Most video sharing sites let you tag videos with keywords and post a short description, so get the most out of these by sprinkling in the search terms you’ve identified.
6. Don’t forget your thumbnail
A thumbnail is a still shot from your video that appears along with search results. Don’t waste this opportunity to present yourself in the best light possible – choose a key moment from your video, preferably one where you’re smiling as you speak with your interviewer.
7. Link back to your site
Put your URL near the top of your video’s description. You’ll get a higher search ranking and potential clients will quickly learn where to go for more information.
8. Interact with your viewers
Most video sharing sites allow viewer comments. Use this opportunity to answer questions, respond to comments, and further promote your business.
9. Consider a pay-per-click campaign
Natural search engine optimisation, while effective, takes time to bear fruit. In the meantime, you might want to jump start the process with a pay-per-click campaign that gives you a sponsored search listing.
10. Add new content often
Search engines look for it and so do potential clients. Keep your content fresh and up-to-date and keep visitors coming back for more.
With an ever-increasing stream of competition, it’s more important than ever to stand out from the crowd. These days standing out means maximising your online presence and leveraging the technology to present the unique advantages of you and your firm. There’s no better way for a growth-oriented business to build a solid and secure future than by using effective and affordable online video.
What can we do for you?
Contact us today to find out how we can bring your communications to life.